In this episode Cubs Out Loud, the guys all head to the movies and preview some of 2017’s upcoming blockbusters. With summer just around the corner, the cubs give their thoughts on some of this summer’s releases. From galactic superheroes, guys in underpants, a wonderful woman and a killer clown, this summer looks to be a veritable smorgasbord of interests.
What’s Going On?
- Jeff: A . . . job?
- Damon: No run drop, but kennel cough and back to work
- Chester: Busy with Tidal Wave/Gay Days planning
- Gary: It’s spring, right?
Did I Do That?
- All of us RE: Ches’s Bingo Card
- Omega Ban
- Alessandro Zeta Piras
- William Scott Gooden
- Donte Medina
- Pakpak Shang
- William Gooden
- Joshua Cohen
- OtterDave: Thanks Damon and the rest of the COL crew,I finally got the chance to catch up on some of the podcasts this week and appreciated the shoutout during the feedback episode(COL412). Your podcasts are always fun even when discussing serious topics and I can’t wait to hear more. If you’re looking for some ideas I’d like to see a poll option for the would-you-rather episodes so the listeners can play along. Woof, Dave
- Andybear21: Hi
- @GBearTrekker65: Listening to @cubsoutloud podcast episode 412: Full On Feedback!
- @GBearTrekker65: Listening the beary hot @cubsoutloud podcast, episode 413: BEAR Necessities! #EmptyLubePackets
- @GBearTrekker65: To clear up the confusion on my complimentary tweet: I meant to compliment Jeff but typed Gary’s name. And when corrected, I redid the tweet to compliment properly.
- @GBearTrekker65: I’m going to try to be conscious to share your FB posts about the most recent episode in addition to tweeting when listening. Glad to share about the beary goodness that is COL!
- @dftbapaul @cubsoutloud Don’t Forget To Be Awesome
- Remaug2014 – RE: COL410: Crossover w/ The Underbears Podcast.
- DM on Bear411
- Sigmawolfsigmawolf: WERF!! Love the podcast!
- DM to Damon on Growlr from Pup Buster out of Minnesota
Discussion of the forth-coming summer movie season.
I’ll Tumbl For Ya:
In this episode of Cubs Out Loud, the guys put their hats into the political arena and discuss the 2016 elections. This year’s election has the potential to be a historical one. Listen as the cubs give their commentary on how they feel things will go and their plans for the election.
What’s Going On?
- Jeff: Full Week of Work
- Damon: Chorus Retreat
- Gary: WKWTFWH
- Slavebear 23
- Piglandia: “Thanks for the reblog! Loved listening to your podcast today….pleasantly surprised when I heard you boys start describing our piss gifs!”
- We also got another NSFW private message from gbeartrekker65.
Urbandictionary with Gary
- the general euphoria experienced when your candidate of choice wins by a landslide
- the sexual arousal and excitement caused by same
- “Dude, when I saw the final tally of votes on Nov. 4, I got a total election erection!”
- “You may have a first-time voter boner, but when Obama won I got a total election erection.”
8 years ago the nation elected the first PoC [President of Color]. Are we about to elect the first female Commander in Chief?
I’ll Tumbl For You:
Griff and Jeff go through some recent feedback, discuss what the Fourth of July was like for them as kids and talk about Wonder Woman’s make over and geektastic picks.
First off the good. I enjoy your show and the subjects you cover. Griff I think you helped to bring the show more on track.
That being said Griff while I love what you bring to the show I think you can sometimes be overpowering with your opinons. The others seem to have to strugle sometimes to get their opions a crossed.
Though in your latest episode you seem to be working on it and I look forward to where you will take the show.
Tim lately you seem bored with the show and have not been talking as much. Though with what you just talked about, I can understand how that could be on you mind more than the show.
Jeff I think you have been doing a good job finding topics and voicing your opions in the show.
Anyway despite the crtisim I love you all and I love the show and look forward to more.
Now another topic that relates to the topic brought up by a fan in your most recent show.
As our community slowly claws it’s way to acceptance I feel that the gay “community” is dissapating. Now I live in san diego california so this feeling may be somewhat unique to me. How is the gay community in your area. What is the level of acceptance? Do you feel your community is fading or coming together more in recent years?
- Report from Pride NYC from Jay
Ok….So NYC gay pride bear style was a lot of fun. First was the summer fur dance where we saw over 400 sweaty bears getting down to great beats. As I stated last week I took pictures for Bearfilms.com and the bears loved to pose for the camera. Some even stopped smoking weed for a quick photo op or pulled their hands out of a bears pants to say cheese.
Saturday saw the bears taking on water as we sailed the Hudson river. Food, fur, floating and the biggest queen of them all, Lady Liberty, really makes for a good ole bear of a time. Along with music and performances from some really talented bears (and a cute non-bear). Hot, sexy, naughty bears on a boat for 4hrs. How can you go wrong? Again took pics for Bearfilms, so you can check those out next week.
Sunday was the parade. I actually march with the Lesbian Gay Big Apple Corps of NYC. I love marching in that fucking parade. I can’t do much for the gay movement but I can make our community proud through sound, movement and art. If you ever get the chance to march in a pride parade DO IT! It might just bring a tear to your eye. Not like men do on TV so Griff don’t you worry.
On a different note the Best Kiss of the Week shit is bull. I agree if they were gay men kissing then it would be much more important than two straight guys kissing on the tube. But how does that differ from TV sitcoms were the gay character is involved in a kissing scene like on Will and Grace?
Also to piggy back on my other statement, Griff should go check out Atlanta Bear Fest. What’s the point of calling yourself a bear if you don’t get involved and show support. A lot of these Bear runs support many other charities and organizations. Grab a beer and a bear and go for a little while. and that goes for the whole crew. Not saying make it your life but get out and support your local gay events or at least stay active in the gay community and it will support you back. Especially if you feel the listening volume has dropped.
That’s it for now.
PS- I’m actually the 7th member on your facebook page
- Woot! bought by Amazon – $149 Kindle – Griff
- Skype w/ a phone adapter – Griff
- Bein’ a geek – Griff
- H&M Undies – Griff
- Soccer is indeed gay