In this episode of Cubs Out Loud, It’s another Let’s Talk About Sex. The cubs are joined by regular guest hosts Ches and Shutter as well as new guest Josh to discuss PrEP and its rise in usage in the community. From how to get on it to its effects and what they feel it means to the community, listen in as we share some facts and information about PrEP, Truvada, and HIV prevention.
What’s Going On?
- Jeff – Nothing
- Damon – Camping
- Gary – Mid-summer already?
- Ches – Moving Gabriel and Fuzzbutt; Mr. Kentucky Leather & KINK U
- Chester – Prepping for temp move to the UK.
- Josh – Dore and/or Folsom. Also enjoying the beach as much as possible
- Eitti Tonggarwee
- Frank Jones
- Kyle Marker
- Michael Fraser
- Chuck Mallory
Urbandictionary with Gary
A childish taunt or jeer pronounced with a nasal sneer, for lack of a more intelligent retort to someone else’s jeer or taunt, usually from a peer. Sometimes sung to the tune of “Ring-Around-the-Rosy” for really driving the point home.
My definition is better than all the other stupid definitions listed here – neener neener.
Discussion of PrEP in the bear community.
Items of interest to the topic:
- Educate: what it is, how it is taken, what it does
- The results of usage – stats on reduction in transmission?
- Campaigns to promote it overall
- The negative side of people using it – examples of going off pill/treatment
Links to articles of interest:
- PrEP website in SanFrancisco that started in 2012
- A thought provoking series of videos about PrEP [can’t avoid the ads that play before/during I’m afraid]
- PrEP Heroes Campaign
I’ll Tumbl For You:
- [Jeff] – The ever adorable and handsome Fuzzbear
- [Damon] – Daddy Bears in the Woods
- [Gary] – Killin’ Time
- [Ches #1] – Warning and Exhortation
- [Ches #2] – Be PrEPBear’d
- [Chester] – British bloke sunbathing
- [Josh] – Fuzzbutt being Fuzzbutt
- [Gary] – PrEP Facts FB Group
- [Ches] – PrEP Info from the CDC (ie. the stuff you need to educate your doctor)
- [Chester] – Official Gilead (makers of Truvada) quick guide…
- [Chester] – What Is PrEP
- [Chester] – Mr. Friendly (campaign to end HIV Stigma)
- [Josh] – HIV & AIDS web resource
- [Josh] – HIV Prevention Network