In this episode of Cubs Out Loud, the cubs (sans Chester) take some time to review a recent op-ed article addressing the use of “chubby” in the gay male lexicon. The guys give their thoughts on the issue of using certain words to describe our brethren of size. Also, Maxine Waters doesn’t have time for bullshit, road head, and eye color.
What’s Going On?
- Jeff: Money Makes the World Go Round
- Damon: Some time off
Chester’s on the road relocating from the north central plains to the heartland of Ohio
- COL424: Greg Ballard: So much fun being on the show! Great group of guys!
Things that happened this week:
I’ll Tumbl For Ya:
In this episode of COL Drag Race ‘T-Time’, it’s the Grand Finale baby! The cubs and special guest Brady review the final episode of Season 9. This gag-worthy finale of epic proportions has so many fun-tastic moments that you won’t know how it’ll end. Who wins the lip sync for the CROWN and what other surprises await us in this finale? All will be revealed.
- Michael Quinichett: Thanks Damon for answering my previous question. I totally forgot about Kim Chi. Great show guys, keep drinking!
RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 9 Episode 14
Thoughts on This Episode:
- [Gary] – A truly focused show & Wintergreen In Da House!!
- [Damon] – EPIC Lipsyncs, Great guests, Funny moment at home
- [Chester] – Flawless looks, flawless competition
- [Brady] – Ch-ch-changes!
And what of the concept of “Pulling the Pageant”?
- [Damon] – Praise to Whitney/Let’s change the MF world!
- [Chester] – Reveal, Revel, Revolutionize!
- [Brady] – Bring on season 10, baby!
- [Gary] – Art & Politics: Where Drag Thrives
Edited footage missing from the Grand Finale [Facebook source]
The Queens Read Valentina to FILTH! [YouTube source]
In this episode of Cubs Out Loud, the guys put their hats into the political arena and discuss the 2016 elections. This year’s election has the potential to be a historical one. Listen as the cubs give their commentary on how they feel things will go and their plans for the election.
What’s Going On?
- Jeff: Full Week of Work
- Damon: Chorus Retreat
- Gary: WKWTFWH
- Slavebear 23
- Piglandia: “Thanks for the reblog! Loved listening to your podcast today….pleasantly surprised when I heard you boys start describing our piss gifs!”
- We also got another NSFW private message from gbeartrekker65.
Urbandictionary with Gary
- the general euphoria experienced when your candidate of choice wins by a landslide
- the sexual arousal and excitement caused by same
- “Dude, when I saw the final tally of votes on Nov. 4, I got a total election erection!”
- “You may have a first-time voter boner, but when Obama won I got a total election erection.”
8 years ago the nation elected the first PoC [President of Color]. Are we about to elect the first female Commander in Chief?
I’ll Tumbl For You:
A short edition finds us pleading for some topic suggestions as all we have to talk about are the recent elections and some mysterious changes coming to Weight Watchers.
- ARGH! We have no topics!
- WW Change is a comin’.
- Gays win seats in this election, lose agenda.
- Providence mayor wins House seat
- MD now has 7 gay members of the state legislature.
- DC is the nation’s gayest region, MA tops for lesbians.
- Spaghetti Squash for $4 and change! – Tim
- WW on November 28th – Tim
- Griff’s Pick – Tim
- My mic is finally working! – Griff
- CNN’s coverage of the election – Griff
- Republicans take over the house – Griff
- Keith Olbermann gets suspended – Griff
Sign The Letter
Today I went to HRC‘s front page to see what they thought about this whole Target/Best Buy contribution thing considering that they have ranked both companies very highly on GLBT issues. I’ll let them explain
Target and Best Buy have donated $250,000 to a political action committee supporting a rabidly anti-equality candidate for Governor of Minnesota, where both are headquartered – a man with ties to a Christian rock band that advocates violence and death to gays.
We’ve drafted an open letter calling on Target and Best Buy to make it right by donating an equal amount to support fair-minded candidates who will fight for equality. We’re publishing it in a full-page ad in the Minneapolis Star-Tribune. Will you help us ratchet up the pressure by adding your name?
Sign The Letter