In this episode of Cubs Out Loud, the guys are joined by special guests from across the pond, Bruce and Shutter, to speak on the state of our community. In a year of highlights and lowlights to the LGBT community, the cubs gather together to share their perspectives on US marriage equality, the Orlando shooting, and the UK’s recent vote to potentially leave the EU. It’s a Hostful New Update special edition.
What’s Going On?
- Jeff: Welcome to Quarter End.
- Damon: Pride and OMGKC
- Gary: Holy Rainbows Batman
- Bruce: Traveling for work (Austria, Switzerland), Alton Towers
- Chester: Tidal Wave, Men of the Den, came back to England for a few months
- Comment: Jim Stevenson “A special THANK YOU for the birthday wish – June 6″
- Ayrton Lauda
- Jax Martin
- Benson Green
- Terry Shawn McLaughlin
YouTube Subscriptions: Ally1987 has subscribed to you
Hi again, cubs!
First, I would like to thank you for giving me a shout out in your last episode. I am glad my email was able to clarify some of your questions and I hope your episode was able to answer other people’s questions as well. Second, I was gladly surprised to receive a public invitation to your podcast! I’d be happy to try it out as I have never been invited to a podcast before. I am going to be moving to Albuquerque, NM this Friday and will not have internet at home for a few days… or many (if you have comcast you may know what I mean). However, let me know how you’d like to start this.
Francisco Salgado-Garcia (aka Cisco)
- LGBTQIA status today – one year ago on June 26th, 2015 the US Supreme Court made Marriage Equality a reality.
- June 12th, 2016 – Pulse Orlando
Google+ post shared in the COL Entourage Community
I will not be silenced by fear.
The father of Omar Mateen, the suspect who shot and killed more than 50 people at Orlando’s gay nightclub Pulse, said that his son didn’t like it when he saw two men kissing recently in Miami.
Go out and kiss. In public. Make seeing a kiss a common thing. Take away it’s “shock” value. Do it for those who died, and those who won’t because you had the courage to express your love.
- UK referendum decision to leave the European Union and its impact on the global society
I’ll Tumbl For You:
- [Chester]: The best write up on WDW’s “Kiss Goodnight” and vigil for Orlando Victims.
- The “Kiss Goodnight” is the Magic Kingdom’s way of ending your day at the park where they light up the castle in a unique way plus have a narrator wishing you had a magical time at the park. During the vigil, Disney cut the music normally played, and changed the lighting scheme to a rainbow.