In this episode of Cubs Out Loud, the guys discuss the legendary gay artist known as Tom of Finland. With the new biopic coming out soon, the cubs speak on the work and imagery of Tom of Finland and question its relevance to gay culture. What impact did these hypermasculine images have on the guys?
What’s Going On?
- Jeff: Must Complete Outfit!
- Damon: Fancy Dinner/All the MEAT
- Chester: Puppies, everywhere
- Gary: NOLA good times, legal to travel
Did I Do That?
- Brad Harris: So great hanging out with you, Jeffery!
- I hung out with him before it was cool. 😛 – chester
- Brad: We were just talking about that, haha! Ah, memories. ❤️
- Beardlovenet I love this !!
- Beardetiquette we’re shouting out anyone who subscribes to our channel (link in bio) and sends us a screenshot.
Tom of Finland coming to the masses in a biopic that has been making the film festival circuit. Tom of Finland Opens 10/13 in New York and 10/20 in San Francisco and Los Angeles before expanding to select cities.
I’ll Tumbl For Ya:
In this episode of Cubs Out Loud, Damon, Chester and Gary are on the road, hanging out in Cincinnati! This time around, the guys discuss the 20th Anniversary (and final?) Pride Night at Kings Island and a weekend full of brew tours, food, drag queens, and so much more!
YouTube Live FULL Video [with tech issues]
YouTube Live EDITED Video [skipping most of the tech issues]
OTR: Amusement Park Bears
In this episode of Cubs Out Loud, the cubs celebrate the hard worker in another This, That or Other. From our favorite blue collar men to the classic suit & tie and on to that sexy uniform, check out the guys’ selections as we give tribute to the Labor Day holiday.
What’s Going On?
- Jeff: I Wanna Play DnD!
- Damon: Poker Night
- Chester: First week of work + festivals!
- Gary: Crazy work and beer, lots of beer
In Person Feedback:
- On GROWLr: Dan( from Knoxville TN): I just recognized your face from the COL banner and wanted to say that I enjoy your show.
- G. Todd Brisbin
- David Benjamin Levy
- Rodney T. Morton
- Joseph Alexander Rosas
- Shaun Lowe
- Lance Grant
- Jimmie Pitts
- Re: COL429: Power Hour 5:
- Patrick Bishop: You guys were a riot…
- Jack Warbus (message): Thank you for the entertainment while on a road trip last week. My husbear had a couple of podcast saved up and we listened to the both on the road. I am now hooked.
- That is awesome to hear, Jack! We’re glad you are enjoying the show. Thank you for the feedback and don’t hesitate to let us know a topic you’d like to hear about or any thoughts on past shows you might have. – Chester
- Aww… thanks for letting us know Jack! We’re happy to have provided you with entertainment for your recent roadtrip. Welcome to the COL Community! – Gary
- Re: COL428: It’s a Mystery: Randall Stratton – Mama Gary is wearing her hangover sunglasses…jk hugs to
- Re: COL429: Power Hour 5:
- Randall Stratton – HOT MESS…and I’m only 13 min in..OY
- Mike A – Happy belated Birthday Jeff! (And Damen you are so cute when you’re tipsy). 😉 You guys seem like SO much fun. Would LOVE to hang out and have a drink with you guys sometime! “Bear hugs
TTO – Labor Gay, celebrating the Men Who Work.
Blue Collar (Laborer)
White Collar (Suit and Tie)
Uniform (Service Industry)
Sports (Honorable Mention)
[Chester’s Quick Poll]
- Eric Meyers – Boots
- Tyler Stillwell – Loves, loves, loves suit and tie.
- Andrew Ealy- Blue collar… The illusion/idea of a person who is a hard worker, not afraid to get dirty, mechanically inclined, Caretaker… The ability to build, create, repair take care of our own I find to be a sexy trait.
- Randall Stratton – Totally agree with Andrew Ealy
- Aron Moberg – I think for me, It’s the exchange of the masculinity representative of that archetype being an object of my pleasure. Subjected to my desires.
- Greg Ballard – yes
In this episode of Cubs Out Loud, IT’S BACK!! This week’s podcast show is the return of our annual Power Hour. Jeff’s Birthday is once again upon us and the cubs are celebrating his b-day with the craziness of a drink/shot every minute for one hour straight. Yes, you read that right. We line up the alcohol and shoot ’em down every minute until all 60 are gone or we tap out. Don’t forget our special rule, when we reach your age in minutes/shot number, the shirt comes off. Basically somewhere between 21 and 50-something, all participants will be topless. Jeff turns 37 this year, will he make it thru 37 shots? Come join the fun with Jeff, Damon, Chester, Gary, Derek, Greg, Drew, Brady and more.
In this episode of Cubs Out Loud, it’s another Let’s Talk About Sex! For this topic, we start the discussion about playspace etiquette. Listen in as we give the dos and don’ts about your favorite back bar space, dark room, bathhouse, frolic and mingle rooms. So, should you enter a playroom chatting on your cellphone while eating a plate of nachos?
What’s Going On?
- Jeff: Back in Action/W Bear
- Damon: Glamping Trip
- Chester: Apt Approved, packing, and Evan’s first drive-in
- Gary: July is here!
- euthman alkhatib عثمان الخطيب
- bihubi altakhayun alrajulaa بحب التخين الرجولى
- Chrissy Brewer
- Victor Guerrero
- Khald Shami
- Trez Daniel
- Liam Diamond
- Aron Moberg
- Alex Salmeron
- Curtis Steven
- Mike A Miller
- Ryan JoseEspinoza
- Eric James
- Kyle Traum
- David B Johnson
- Derryk Owyn Paramoure
- Lileric Crutcher
- Reid Loveland
- Dakota Green
- Lucas Luiz Carlos Pereira
- Ches Clark SHOW NOTE [re: COL421]: I realized after the fact that I didn’t get in the whole story about my birthday dinner. (I think I cut myself off because I felt like I was monopolizing and rambling on.) That being said, I wanted to make a small addendum, especially given that I was giving someone who wasn’t present to defend himself a bit of a hard time. Brady *did* sincerely apologize for initiating the song and spectacle debacle as part of owning up to it, and had no idea beforehand that I was so vehemently opposed to that sort of public display. He truly did feel terrible about it afterward, but I was just in no mood to hear it at the time. He was just trying to be playful and funny, and so for those who might be worried about him getting “two black marks in my little book,” have no fear–most of that accounting business is tongue-in-cheek. Brady and I are very much okay with each other. Cheers!
- Re: COL421: Greg Ballard I would love to do a co host spot someday. Love this channel! Watching right now!
- Ray Vincent
- Andrew Ealy
- master squall88
- Cody Broadbent
- Jaison Simmons
BearUnderground Joined Entourage:
- Rotundaplomb mentioned us in a comment and asked…
- I’m looking for some movie recommendations! I’m after a movie featuring the bear/chub community. Romantic, drama, comedy – all work. Not looking for a porn flick but sex scenes are fine. I’ve heard BearCity might be a good place to start. What are some others? Maybe some ideas on the next @cubsoutloud? Thanks Tumblr folks!
- Rotundaplomb in re: to COL420: State of the Community 2017
- Wish I could have stayed for more of the live stream. You miss so many of Gary’s faces on the podcast version. Great list of some Pride documentaries to watch – check the show notes.
- FirstRonin in re: to COLSP06: Daddy’s Day Storytime 2017 directed to Hadrian…
- I just want to say that you have an amazing voice! No matter what you’re reading or saying, you make me melt a little.
- NE-Plus-Ultra-Bears in re: to COLSP06: Daddy’s Day Storytime 2017
- Now that’s what I call a late Sunday night delight!!
Article from Bear World Magazine website interview re: the W Bear app
Let’s Talk About Sex: Playspace Etiquette
- You may/will be seen/watched – not possible to be invisible
- Always be respectful
- Consent needs to be given, whether subtle or pronounced
- You know what is best for yourself, not anyone else
- Keep safety in mind, yours and everyone else’s
- Be courteous to others in the space
- Prepare yourself; mentally and physically
I’ll Tumbl For Ya: