In this episode of Cubs Out Loud, the guys discuss the legendary gay artist known as Tom of Finland. With the new biopic coming out soon, the cubs speak on the work and imagery of Tom of Finland and question its relevance to gay culture. What impact did these hypermasculine images have on the guys?
What’s Going On?
- Jeff: Must Complete Outfit!
- Damon: Fancy Dinner/All the MEAT
- Chester: Puppies, everywhere
- Gary: NOLA good times, legal to travel
Did I Do That?
- Brad Harris: So great hanging out with you, Jeffery!
- I hung out with him before it was cool. 😛 – chester
- Brad: We were just talking about that, haha! Ah, memories. ❤️
- Beardlovenet I love this !!
- Beardetiquette we’re shouting out anyone who subscribes to our channel (link in bio) and sends us a screenshot.
Tom of Finland coming to the masses in a biopic that has been making the film festival circuit. Tom of Finland Opens 10/13 in New York and 10/20 in San Francisco and Los Angeles before expanding to select cities.
I’ll Tumbl For Ya:
In this episode of Cubs Out Loud Drag Race, Damon and Gary talk about the tenth episode of RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 7! In tonight’s episode, there’s murder on the dance floor in this mash up dance challenge. Listen in as the guys come face-two-face with their feelings on the sickening six queens left in the competition. Who is waltzing their way to the crown and who just might be two-stepping their way out the door?
Current episode of RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 7
Episode 10: Prancing Queens
- [Gary] – Pairs yet again…
- [Damon] – What was up with this challenge?
Thoughts on This Episode:
- [Gary] – While individual performance is important, teams matter…a lot
- [Damon] – Where talent fails, rely on the other part (charisma, uniqueness, nerve)/You can’t hide
Thoughts on Untucked:
- [Gary] – Hormones are raging; Practice makes perfect – careful where you point the blame finger
- [Damon] – Why does no one feel safe?/Sex on the mind
- [Gary] – Who’s confident and who isn’t
- [Damon] – The “underdog” is growing on me, but I still have a favorite (new? maybe)
Snaps / Eyerolls:
- [Gary] – Snaps for… RuPaul’s Runway Tearaway! and Michelle’s comment
- [Gary] – Eyerolls for… Pearl’s dancing, Men with Breasts
- [Damon] – Snaps for…Katya and Violet’s dance/Ginger’s lip sync/Violet’s confidence
- [Damon] – Eyerolls for…Ginger’s lack of confidence/Trixie’s blame game/Trixie’s look during critique
- [Gary] – Violet is the top contender, whether I like it or not. Based on the grid… Katya and Kennedy to Top 3 with Violet. Pearl and Ginger are in the bottom… UNLESS something changes.
- [Damon] – Who do you think is going to win?
RuPaul confesses to Michelle Visage in their “What’s the Tee?” podcast her feelings about what happened during that infamous awkward moment with Pearl earlier this season in Episode 5.