In this episode of Cubs Out Loud, the guys share the lowdown on shutdowns. Whether it’s online on your favorite website or in person at your neighborhood bar, everyone has dealt with being dismissed in some capacity. Here, the cubs share their feelings on this recurring issue and discuss how it has changed with the times.
What’s Going On?
- Jeff: A Pitchin’ good time, Civ and Diablo
- Damon: A Chill NYE/NYD & The Greatest Showman
- Chester: Accepted a “job,” Trident Pledge, ToF Viewing
- Gary: An ultimate IRL shutdown
- Djody Beauie
- Jason Fozzie Nelson
- John Sean Sullivan
- Nathan Dill
- Just wanted to send happy New Year’s wishes to the hosts at COL. I know you don’t know us listeners, but through the magic of podcasting you are like friends, keeping us company through chores and commutes. Thank you for being awesome people and for putting your time and effort into a wonderful show that makes our weeks brighter. May 2018 be everything you need it to be. Lots of love.
- Huge thanks to TUBBS for the fan art sketches he’s been doing sending us.
Getting Shutdown by Men – In Real Life vs Online
Discussion of how our cruise culture has changed since the millennium.
I’ll Tumbl For Ya:
In this episode of Cubs Out Loud, it’s another Let’s Talk About Sex! For this topic, we start the discussion about playspace etiquette. Listen in as we give the dos and don’ts about your favorite back bar space, dark room, bathhouse, frolic and mingle rooms. So, should you enter a playroom chatting on your cellphone while eating a plate of nachos?
What’s Going On?
- Jeff: Back in Action/W Bear
- Damon: Glamping Trip
- Chester: Apt Approved, packing, and Evan’s first drive-in
- Gary: July is here!
- euthman alkhatib عثمان الخطيب
- bihubi altakhayun alrajulaa بحب التخين الرجولى
- Chrissy Brewer
- Victor Guerrero
- Khald Shami
- Trez Daniel
- Liam Diamond
- Aron Moberg
- Alex Salmeron
- Curtis Steven
- Mike A Miller
- Ryan JoseEspinoza
- Eric James
- Kyle Traum
- David B Johnson
- Derryk Owyn Paramoure
- Lileric Crutcher
- Reid Loveland
- Dakota Green
- Lucas Luiz Carlos Pereira
- Ches Clark SHOW NOTE [re: COL421]: I realized after the fact that I didn’t get in the whole story about my birthday dinner. (I think I cut myself off because I felt like I was monopolizing and rambling on.) That being said, I wanted to make a small addendum, especially given that I was giving someone who wasn’t present to defend himself a bit of a hard time. Brady *did* sincerely apologize for initiating the song and spectacle debacle as part of owning up to it, and had no idea beforehand that I was so vehemently opposed to that sort of public display. He truly did feel terrible about it afterward, but I was just in no mood to hear it at the time. He was just trying to be playful and funny, and so for those who might be worried about him getting “two black marks in my little book,” have no fear–most of that accounting business is tongue-in-cheek. Brady and I are very much okay with each other. Cheers!
- Re: COL421: Greg Ballard I would love to do a co host spot someday. Love this channel! Watching right now!
- Ray Vincent
- Andrew Ealy
- master squall88
- Cody Broadbent
- Jaison Simmons
BearUnderground Joined Entourage:
- Rotundaplomb mentioned us in a comment and asked…
- I’m looking for some movie recommendations! I’m after a movie featuring the bear/chub community. Romantic, drama, comedy – all work. Not looking for a porn flick but sex scenes are fine. I’ve heard BearCity might be a good place to start. What are some others? Maybe some ideas on the next @cubsoutloud? Thanks Tumblr folks!
- Rotundaplomb in re: to COL420: State of the Community 2017
- Wish I could have stayed for more of the live stream. You miss so many of Gary’s faces on the podcast version. Great list of some Pride documentaries to watch – check the show notes.
- FirstRonin in re: to COLSP06: Daddy’s Day Storytime 2017 directed to Hadrian…
- I just want to say that you have an amazing voice! No matter what you’re reading or saying, you make me melt a little.
- NE-Plus-Ultra-Bears in re: to COLSP06: Daddy’s Day Storytime 2017
- Now that’s what I call a late Sunday night delight!!
Article from Bear World Magazine website interview re: the W Bear app
Let’s Talk About Sex: Playspace Etiquette
- You may/will be seen/watched – not possible to be invisible
- Always be respectful
- Consent needs to be given, whether subtle or pronounced
- You know what is best for yourself, not anyone else
- Keep safety in mind, yours and everyone else’s
- Be courteous to others in the space
- Prepare yourself; mentally and physically
I’ll Tumbl For Ya:
In this episode of Cubs Out Loud, it’s another Let’s Talk About Sex. We are joined again by our London based guest hosts, Shutter and Bruce, to talk about DL guys. From “str8” men playing with men to gay guys not wanting people to know who they’re shacking up with, the cubs spill the beans on their interest and disinterest with those who keep it on the down low. Make sure everybody knows about this show.
What’s Going On?
- Jeff: Texas Summers are expensive and loud.
- Damon: DENVER!!
- Gary: Party and Politics
- Bruce: Pride weekend in London
- Chester: Next weekend, I’m heading to Belfast for the weekend to visit my friends Ryan (Belfastcubcake) and John
Let’s Talk About Sex: The DL Deal
- Our experiences and thoughts on guys who hook-up on the down-low
- Does it different from urban to rural?
- And what of in other countries?
- Does culture and religion play a factor?
I’ll Tumbl For You:
In this episode of Cubs Out Loud, we are joined by the incredibly handsome Hadrian McQuiag to discuss cruising. From bathrooms to arcades, we take a peek into the underhanded world.